Stills from video

salvatore64

Mu-43 Rookie
So I screwed up. I took a video with my OMD wich I love. The prob is my wife's response was" you only did video, no pictures?" Does any one have experience with any inexpensive programs that at the same time a beginner like my self will be able to use to extract photos from a video? Thanks in advance.

Sal

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Some versions of iMovie will allow you to export a still from video. Funny thing is the newer versions are the ones that don't.

Another option is to use grab. Simply run the movie in quicktime player or other video player and stop where you want a still and then do a screen capture using grab. Grab is an app built into OSX under utilities.

If you do progess forward and get final cut, it makes exporting stills super easy.

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
VLC (https://videolan.org/vlc/) which is a free and fine video player to have anyway, will let you save a screen shot from any video. It's called "Snapshot" and is under the Video menu.
I hadn't heard of this one before. I will check it out. This does remind me thought that MPEG Streamclip will export a still frame. It is also a free download. I use it all the time to convert various video formats.

kinlau

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Check your camera, all of my GH's and the GF3 let me save a frame when playing back a video. Your's might too.

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
On a mac to do a screen grab press

Command+Shift+4

this will normally allow you then to drag to define an area of the screen to grab.

but if instead you then press the spacebar it will automatically select the window under the pointer.

the file is save as a PNG file to your desktop

K

mazg

Mu-43 Regular
Lightroom does this too. I think it's called Capture Frame. It allows you to save a frame as a jpg.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom