Stills and video timestamps not matching..?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by brettmaxwell, Mar 26, 2015.

1. brettmaxwell

brettmaxwell Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    This has been driving me mildly crazy for months, it's time I finally ask for some help.

I have a GM1 and when I import to LightRoom I have it rename all my files using a date/time format. No matter what I try, it always timestamps the videos 8 hours behind the stills taken at the same time. I've messed with time zone settings, clock settings, video settings... everything I can think of and it still does this. When I try moving the clock back 8 hours, it takes both back 8 hours. WTH.

With MP4 files the timestamp doesn't show in the LR Metadata panel. With AVCHD .mts files the metadata shows in LR as the correct time (same as the stills) but it still renames them 8 hours off, and LR still time capture-time sorts them 8 hours off.

Okay, so I tried importing into iPhoto and it seems to get all the metadata correct. So I guess this is a LR issue. Mods can delete this if they like. Or if anyone knows the LR problem, I'd be happy to hear it.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    I've seen people complain that the time zones in some cameras can't be changed, if it's different, that could explain it.