1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sticky navigation bar - good or bad?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi all,

Some of you may have noticed that now when you scroll down on the site, the navbar remains stuck at the top of the screen. If this isn't the case, try clearing your browser cache (different than clearing your browser cookies), and you'll see what I mean.

I have a couple bugs to work out with the sticky navbar, eg the Unread Post indicator not showing on most pages, but I can fix those.

Question is, do you like the sticky navbar? Please vote and comment.

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I do. It was annoying the other way, having to go all the way back to the top just to refresh or pick another forum. I like the new way much better.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    One place where I can see it being an issue is on a screen with a small vertical pixel dimension. Unfortunately I can't set it to be sticky or not sticky based on that parameter.

4. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    I like it. Much quicker to navigate around now. That along with the list of threads to the right make it very easy for me to get around. Thanks for all these tweaks that you're doing.

Now, if only I can get a pink background instead of these dull whites, greys and blacks, I'd be happy. :hiding:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

I like sticky. If you put the mu-43 logo somewhere else (within the sticky bar?), the bar will remain stationary when you first scroll.

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Everyone likes it? Impossible!

7. kingduct

kingduct Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    On most websites I haven't liked it. Here, I hadn't even noticed it until you posted this thread, which is a good sign. I'm abstaining from the vote for the time being.

8. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I didn't notice it until I read this thread and yes, I like it. It was always a pain to have to scroll back to the top of a long post to be able to click on Active Discussions again.

9. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Using it on a smart phone now. Definitely handy.