Sticky EM10 on/off switch--solved; weird and gross but true

crossen

Mu-43 Regular
I have recently found the on/off switich on my EM10 has for some reason become very very difficult to turn back and forth. As the author (well, the emissary) of the nasal sebum solution for very sticky lenses when the user tries to attach them to the EM10 (see the threads on this on the dpreview m4/3 forum) I figured I would try it again for this problem. I applied it with a stylus for an iPhone. Result: it works.The on/off switch now moves much more freely, as it did when the EM10 was new.

Cossen

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
How to harvest nasal sebum plz?
Just run your finger on the outside of your nose. I am sure that you will pick up a bit of oil from your skin. Nose grease worked wonders with scratched negatives when I worked in a lab. Of course we cleaned the negatives afterwards.

--Ken

Real Name
Emily
Just run your finger on the outside of your nose.
Note the crucial point here: outside, not inside. Running your finger around the inside of your nose will not yield anything that you'd want to apply to a camera.

crossen

Mu-43 Regular
Note the crucial point here: outside, not inside. Running your finger around the inside of your nose will not yield anything that you'd want to apply to a camera.
Thank you for your classy and helpful answer. Have a nice day.
Crossen

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom