Stevehuff raves and raves about EM1 in his review

hkpzee

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Patrick
Despite what you guys say about Steve Huff I like him. Even though he doesn't really give a thorough rundown of specs and how noisy images are under high ISOs I really like his passion for photography and how he reviews his cameras in a real world sense instead of worrying whether ISO 12800 really is that noisy compared to other cameras (in a practical photography sense, who uses them anyway? Unless of course you wanted some grainy images which some people do).

At the risk of sounding like "a fanatic" of a narcissistic person (why do we have to degrade to name calling guys?) I actually like his attitude of photography. Sure he does seem to just rave about everything he blogs about and it doesn't seem very balanced but it's better than bickering and just generally being mean to people.

Thank you for speaking out. I also like Steve Huff's passion for photography, and enjoy reading his blogs. Personally, I think he is in a "no win" situation whenever he's brought up in this forum. If he speaks highly of an M4/3 camera, he's said to be "paid", and his review "biased". If he doesn't like certain product other than a Leica, he's called a Leica "Fanb*y"...

I stopped bringing him up in this forum a long time ago because of this, but it won't stop me from reading his blog... :tongue:

svtquattro

Mu-43 Veteran
Steve! Huff! Likes the E-M1!!!

Surprise! He gets so excited all the time!

Might just be me but he sure loves taking photos of himself and generally the quality of his shots is pretty poor. Robin Wong shows us how to do it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

yehuda

Mu-43 Veteran
My style on my new blog, where I reviewed the E-M1 in several articles, is different from Steve's. For one, I write shorter pieces and I'm not the kind of guy who gets all worked up. But that's fine.

I don't think he gets paid by Olympus, but I'm pretty sure he did get press junkets to New York and Ireland from them. Of course, he also makes money from people buying cameras via his site, so being very, very positive helps.

I, on the other hand, have people telling me my comparison of the E-M1 with the E-M5 helped made them make the decision to stick with the E-M5. Argh, there goes my commission... A joke. In all honesty, I would also accept those press junkets if they made editorial sense and accept review samples. There's no way to make a site like that work without getting early samples, so you get the early hits and can link people to online shops. Steve is very good at that. So is Ken Rockwell, who is a master at 'reviewing' a camera based on just the specifications.

Like Steve (I hope), I tell it as I see it and I hope you appreciate that and that you will read my posts and let other people know about my blog. Cause I sure am jealous of Steve and some others how many hits they get.

My site: www.photographicwanderings.com

Thanks!

Very nicely written and to the point!
I wish you success with your blog!

I like the layout too.
Could do with slightly more images of the gear and photo examples but even as is it the layout is pleasant and not overwhelming when read on a pc or smartphone.
In comparison the page layout in cameralabs (which I enjoy to read as a review site) with the combonation of text/images/commercials does not flow nicely when read on a smartphone.

Latest threads

Top Bottom