Steve Huff: Interesting take

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Djarum, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Yes, the mZD 14-42 is a very versatile, very compact lens - along with the 20mm f1.7, it makes a great kit with the Pen.

I was really disappointed not to see how the 20mm f1.7 would have compared in that test though... looking forward to seeing his next comparison in a portrait session.

Thanks for the pointer.

Cheers

Brian

3. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    The kit zoom is a nice lens as far as IQ goes but sucks if you want to attach Cokin filters to it. The baby focus motor in there doesn't have the guts to handle it. Internal focusing would have been better anyway.

I hope the Olympus 12mm or thereabouts lens that has been proposed is affordable. Should be a good stablemate to the Panasonic 20mm.

I am expecting the 9-8 zoom to also have a weak focus motor and rotating front element. :frown:

4. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Brian

What I found interesting was how the Panny 1.7 on the EP2 performed against the D3 and 50/1.8, quite amazing.

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
  6. Ranger 9

Ranger 9 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2009
    He keeps using that 50/1.8 Nikkor as a reference even though he knows it's been run over by a bus or something. He sticks with it because it makes his beloved Leica lenses look even more fabuloustastic...