Stereophotos

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Here's the anaglyph and side by side versions of a 3D close-up I shot today.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Have fun viewing,
Rafael​

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Today, I took the LOREO lens outside for the first time.
:eek::eek:A lot of strange looks in the park, even one guy asking me questions about the funny thingie in front of my G1:eek::eek:

Here's a couple of shots from the Loreo, I'll first show them in anaglyphs, and a second post in side by sides.

Comments highly appreciated !!

CU,
Rafael​

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Very interesting stuff! Can you provide details on the particular Loreo lens you are using? I took a peek at their site, but wasn't sure which option might work for :43:. How about a picture of the lens (preferably on your camera)?

Also, can you provide more detail on the software tool (StereoPhoto Maker) you said you're using? In your original post you seemed to imply it can create 3D from a single image. This seems a bit like sorcery to me.

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Sorry for the late answer, I didn't see your post until this evening.
I'm using a 3D Lens 9005 from Loreo, in the micro4/3 mount.
I read something about single image stereophotos in another forum, I gave it a try, but it is much better with the LOREO lens system.
I also shot a 3D movie with the 9005 on a GH2, works fine as well !

Have a nice weekend,
Rafael

dwig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I tried using 3D to help folks visualize hard to read grave markers but got mixed results ... and suggestions are most welcome.

3D Trickery - Minus
I've always found that a side-by-side image pair viewed naked eye or with a good viewer yields more visible detail than what I see with anaglyphs. My favorite print format is the old Holmes 7"w x 3.5"h stereocard, the same format as was made popular by Underwood & Underwood.

BTW, in the US, Berezin is and excellent source for viewers of all types.

Attachments

Manila Man

Mu-43 Regular

My parent's wedding circa 1960s

Just found this thread,i used to do a lot,two single exposures and with a W3 which i still have,cant find my glasses at the moment so i hope these work for viewing.

Now found my glasses so a few more.

ivoire

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
mike
Unfortunately i cant view them like this,sent myself cross eyed trying,i even bought one of those mirror boxes and only just got it with that,in the end i kept anaglyph for posting and MPO for home use.

ivoire

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
mike
Unfortunately i cant view them like this,sent myself cross eyed trying,i even bought one of those mirror boxes and only just got it with that,in the end i kept anaglyph for posting and MPO for home use.
several of my friends report the same problem. I find it very easy to see them in 3d by crossing my eyes and focusing on the line between the 2 images.

I went to the website for the 3D Lens 9005 from Loreo and used the same technique to view their sample images. The oddity with those images is that my technique resulted in the backgrounds jumping into view as the foreground. Very weird

Real Name
Lyle
several of my friends report the same problem. I find it very easy to see them in 3d by crossing my eyes and focusing on the line between the 2 images.

I went to the website for the 3D Lens 9005 from Loreo and used the same technique to view their sample images. The oddity with those images is that my technique resulted in the backgrounds jumping into view as the foreground. Very weird
There are two ways of viewing stereo pairs without apparatus. One is the cross-eyed approach, in which each eye sees the image on the opposite side. The other is to look "through" or beyond the pair so each eye sees the image on its own side. The second method requires that the width of the images is less than your inter pupillary distance, otherwise you would have to go "wall-eyed" (exotropic) in order to view the pair -- not something easily done.

See the Wikipedia entry on stereoscopy for the full rundown.

If you try the cross-eyed approach on a same-side pair, you get the inversion of depth effect which you mentioned.

dwig

Mu-43 Top Veteran

There are two "standards" for side-by-side images. One is like those posted in post #33 where you cross your eyes to overlap the two images. The other is the original side-by-side image arrangement, dating from the 1840s and the only standard for the next 125 years +, were you let your eye drift slightly walleyed. This is the way the old stereo cards worked and is type I posted as an attachment back in post #27.

What you describe makes it sound like the Loreo images were setup for stereo card printing or wall-eyed viewing.

BAKatz

Mu-43 Veteran
I shoot side by side with my Loreo Lens ( I also just received a Viewmaster camera and cutter, lovin it ! ).

Machi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
There is a nice free software - stereophoto maker which can do conversions between multiple types of stereo images.
I for example cannot see stereo effect of old and new stereo cards (parallel stereo viewing) without stereoscope but
I haven't problem with cross-eye stereo images.

Machi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Stereophoto maker is also pretty good for making stereo images - here are two version of the same stereo image (Czech Gripen) which I did few seconds ago - the first one is for cross-eye viewing and the second one is for parallel viewing:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom