step-up ring

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BAKatz, Jun 30, 2011.

1. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    does anyone know if there is a 40.5-52mm step up ring available? not for filters, but for lenses.....i have a 41-52 from my oly telezoom (6 yrs old ).......obviously i can't use this on my epl1...i have a macro converter but i need the ring.....or i can just buy the MCON for $70....thanks in advance...as usual...

2. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    I'll take the lack of responses as a no.

3. Try eBay. It says I can get them here in Australia (through China) for $3-4.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I've looked for 40.5mm step-up rings at my local camera stores before, and could find none. Not to any SLR size. I guess 40.5mm was just such a common standard for rangefinders, unlike SLR sizes which varied so much, so who would need an adapter ring? Although I'm surprised there's no step-up to 46mm.

But, when camera stores don't carry them... there's always something on eBay. ;) I just can't stand the wait, myself.

5. Capt T

Capt T Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2010
    I have a 40.5 to 52mm that I got from amazon fotodiox. A 40.5 to 46mm kenko also from amazon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.