Steam Railway

Harribo

Mu-43 Regular
These were taken on a visit to Worth Valley steam railway, I have been there several times but this was my first visit with the GF1 and 20mm.
I tried to capture some of the detail in the engine rather than the standard shots of the train. The GF1 helped me be a bit more flexible than with my DSLR.

There are more to this series but I liked these four. I printed these out to A4 and love the detail.

Attachments

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice stuff... railway shots always make for good fodder in later PP too.. the graphic qualities tend to lend themselves toward further interpretation 'down the line' as the creative mood strikes you. I have steam material going back forty years and I am always drawn to it, always fooling around with it. It's like... playtime.

There is an historic railway not far from where I live ( http://www.southsimcoerailway.ca/ )and it would be fun to go up there with some local mu-43 shooters on a Saturday morning and make a little mini-project out of it. If anybody in southern Ontario is up for it give me a shout.... Sabesh? Muntz?

Ah, the smell of creosote on a railway tie....

Bokeh D

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
grear observation bokeh , there is a timelessness and quality that lends itself to creatvity and experiment in these

in fact im beginning to see much b&w the same way to me , i see color in these wonderful shots but the point is made thru the dynamic nature of shape and tone , and seems only touched by warm and cool in an understated but useful way . often the removal or absence of color in the equation seems to generate possibility that is hidden or muddled in a color photo , but as a statement of value [ light and dark ] a purity emerges at times that is open to exploration in a manner that is not as apparent in a straight color photo
this of course makes the realization of a good color photo all the more special ,

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Good images and once more they show just how good that GF1+20mm combination is and a great subject that offers timeless images.

Thanks for sharing.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom