Starved Electrolyte Bescor for pocket cinema?

thegimprider

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Douglas Coulter
I've been looking into a battery pack for long distance cycle touring. Charged with dyno on trike and solar panels it could supply my laptop, Olympus and Blackmagic cameras, audio recording gear, and any other electronics I choose to travel with. Starved electrolyte batteries have a great capacity if not fully discharge too often. Has anyone found conflicts with these on the pocket camera? I see adapters that will work but have not seen anyone selling an acid battery kit for this camera.
I plan to do documentary work among America's homeless population and camera battery is worthless in this aspect. I rarely use flash or photo lights

eteless

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've charged batteries/phone off a deep cycle battery using a Watson charger (it has a 12v input, charges two batteries plus a 5v 2a output). It has small plates which adapt the charger to different battery types, when using it in transit I find it's important to tape them as while the battery won't come out the plate can disengage with bumps.
I also have a Maha/Powerex charger for AA and AAA batteries which runs off 12v.

I've never used a 12v battery to run a camera directly, although I've used a small one for a lens heater.

thegimprider

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Douglas Coulter
I've charged batteries/phone off a deep cycle battery using a Watson charger (it has a 12v input, charges two batteries plus a 5v 2a output). It has small plates which adapt the charger to different battery types, when using it in transit I find it's important to tape them as while the battery won't come out the plate can disengage with bumps.
I also have a Maha/Powerex charger for AA and AAA batteries which runs off 12v.

I've never used a 12v battery to run a camera directly, although I've used a small one for a lens heater.
The Starved Electrolyte batteries from Bescor can be worn around the waist. Commonly used for photo lighting. I'm planning on a mid range/two battery pack because I won't require high amperage

Latest threads

Top Bottom