1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Starting with video ? Check this out

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by kevinparis, Jun 20, 2014.

1. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Found this video this morning via one of my regular visits to diyphotography.com - a great site for tips tricks and inspiration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwtpJ3T8eK4

Its a pretty good intro to film making and is nicely illustrated with examples.

Enjoy

K

• Like Like x 9
  2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Another good resource for aspiring film makers is Film Riot. They are film makers that share all their processes and give reviews on gear they use as well as a lot of DIY stuff.

Their videos can be found at www.revision3.com or YouTube.

3. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I just watched the video, it is excellent. I plan on watching it again this week-end and I will be taking notes. Thanks Kevin.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Andrew

there are lots of resources out there - personally I find the Film Riot and similar clips a bit too shouty and trying to be funny for my tastes.

What I liked about the video I linked to was the simpler, more laid back approach to getting the information across.

As an introduction to the technical and artistic elements of what is involved in the film making process I thought it was a rather good starting off point

cheers

K

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Then I imagine you would like Dave Dougdale at learningdslrvideo.com who by the way is verry close to switching to the m4/3 system after shooting with Canon for the last 5 or so years :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    thanks for that lobba - looks like another good resource - though obviously a little Canon centric

K

7. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    Thanks for sharing... ive been avoiding video for years. But the artistic muppet in me wants to discover this area :)

• Like Like x 1