Star Filter - no stars ?

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran
Last night I went out to shoot a building that was illuminated with colored lights. All my shots taken in "A" mode with G85 mounted on tripod came out fine. For fun, I set the mode dial to "Creative Control" mode and selected the "Star Filter". The images on my cameras LCD screen show the star effect but when I download to my computer using Adobe DNG converter to convert the files to .dng for PSE9 there are no stars on the converted .dng images. I suspected maybe the Adobe programs had something to do with that, but when I tried using SilkyPix to covert the RAW images same thing, no stars. Lastly, I tried to process the RAW file of the star filter in-camera to jpeg, still no luck. On my old E-M10ii, filter images automatically were only coverted and recorded in jpeg and would always download to PSE9 without problem. Do I need to first manually change from RAW to JPEG acquisition when using "Creative Control" filters on my G85 ? Is there anything else I could try to get these "star filter" images into my PC.

Thanks for the help.

An in-camera effect will only ever be present on a jpeg produced in camera. So if your camera is set to only record RAW, then you will not get any effect you apply in camera. You need to switch to RAW + jpeg if you want to use in camera effects.

Last edited:

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran
An in-camera effect will only ever be present on a jpeg produced in camera. So if your camera is set to only record RAW, than you will not get any effect you apply in camera. You need to switch to RAW + jpeg if you want to use in camera effects.
That is what I suspected. Thank you for your help in confirming that. Live and learn.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom