stairs inside a lighthouse.

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Chuck Pike, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    Here is a shot that was used for a full page in Our State magazine back in March 2008. I don’t normally show items not shot with the m 4/3 system that I own today, but someone might like to see just what type of photos do get published. I only shoot raw, and I was able to go back and improve this shot because I can do better P.P. today than I could in 2008. In fact, this shot would be so much easier using my G3 because of the swing out screen, I had to really bend my head to take this shot. I reworked this with LR3 and Nik Color Effect Software. At the time, the magazine put out a request list of shots, and this was for a photo essay, “Steps Above the Rest”. It was all about steps, and I was able to get two full pages in the magazine. Always listen to your wife. While I took this one, she asked after lunch if I had seen another stair in the town we were in and I hadn’t. She is a big help to me as she being a English major can write the articles that go with the pictures. Today, that seems to be a major plus. If you can submit a whole article to go with the photos.

<object width="700" height="488"><param name="movie" value="http://www.photoshelter.com/swf/imgWidget.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="i=I0000Xq9HrNPnyfA&b=1"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.photoshelter.com/swf/imgWidget.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="true" FlashVars="i=I0000Xq9HrNPnyfA&b=1" allowfullscreen="true" width="700" height="488"></embed></object>

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I've always enjoyed this kind of shot - very well done. It's obvious why it was published. :thumbup: