Stacking the MC-20 and MC-14, it works!!!

Hello,
Looking for a post where the user was stacking the MC-20 and MC-14 attached together with an 10mm extension tube and was achieving infinity focus with his 300mm f4 Pro. I know it is out there because I have seen it twice and can't remember where! He was showing a picture of the moon!

Thanks

I have seen this done on a Facebook group and had to try it myself!
Stacking the MC-14 with the MC-20 with a 10mm extension tube in between does work and reach infinity with the 300mm f4 Pro.
It does not with the 40-150mm f2.8 Pro
The exif does not register the MC-14.
There it is shot on a monopod with the EM1mkii

Attachments

RAH

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rich
I suppose it is interesting that you can achieve infinity with this combo, but that's not a sharp image of the moon, IMHO. So, um, what's the point of doing this with a pro-level lens and getting a mediocre image out of it?

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
I suppose it is interesting that you can achieve infinity with this combo, but that's not a sharp image of the moon, IMHO. So, um, what's the point of doing this with a pro-level lens and getting a mediocre image out of it?

Fully agree. Add more glass (no matter how good) and you are diminishing the benefit of pro glass. If you want to do it to "prove a point" or to achieve an objective, then all's well and good, but don't expect prime IQ

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom