1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Stacking adapters

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by markyw, Mar 27, 2011.

1. markyw

markyw Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 9, 2011
    London, UK
    Hi guys,
    I am pretty new to the m4/3 world, having finally ordered my E-PL2 last week and expecting delivery sometime this week.

Over the years I have collected various pieces of glass on my photography travels and see I can use these on my Oly when she turns up. My question revolves around adapters. I had a M42 to PK mount adapter on one of my old cameras. Would it be possible to purchase a PK to M4/3 adapter and utilise this M42 to PK adapter as well?

Thanks

Mark

Edit: Sorry, thought I had posted an intro - will do this now.

2. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    Well you can try, with small lenses it may work ok , with larger and heavier lenses you might end up with a lens in your hand. The M4/3 adapter mimics the mount and the flange distance but not the mechanical aperture system that is needed to hook the PK-M42 adapter properly ( big issue on recent DSLRs from Pentax as well). I would advocate to get an M42-M4/3 adapter, that way you are sure that you will have no problem with large lenses.

3. markyw

markyw Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 9, 2011
    London, UK
    Thanks for the response. I have ordered the twin lens E-PL2 kit, so will have a 40-150mm at my disposal. The adapters were intended for use on a 50mm Pentax M42, as well as some others - probably up only upto 80mm.

Regards

Mark