Sri Lanka

Matt Drown

Mu-43 Veteran
Back in 2016 my wife and I were travelling around the world, and stopped in Sri Lanka for a month. I've finally gotten around to editing and posting pictures from there (i hate backlogs). All pics on a EM1.1 w/ an oly 12-40.

You can see more of the pictures here

Comments or criticism are always welcome.

Sigiriya Lion Rock
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dambulla

Dambulla

Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage

Last edited:

Lawrence Beck

Mu-43 Regular
Beautiful images, Matt. I hope you post more. That's a part of the world I've wanted to visit since it was formerly called Ceylon,

Matt Drown

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks @Lawrence Beck, the trip itself was a bit of a random combination of cheap flights and interesting location. I would suggest more time inland than the beaches if you get a chance to go. We didn't make it to the north which is supposed to be just opening up more now. Always someplace else to go to get you to go back.

Couple more pics, full gallery at my travel blog - 2 On The Run — Matt and Neeley's Adventures

More Elephants from Pinnawala

And a B&W conversion from Anuradhapura

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
Why is it called 'Lion Rock'? It looks nothing like a lion .... unless you have to view it from a certain angle, which may be the case.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom