1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Spring reaches Northern California

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by dhazeghi, Apr 19, 2014.

1. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    A few images from the past few weeks. In spite of the massive drought year, we did get some wildflowers (though most are already gone now).

Poppies and waterfall:
    P4051029-L.

Goldfields:
    P4051080-L.

Owl's clover and assorted wildflowers:
    P4051101-L.

Lupines:
    P4170048-L.

Bend in the river:
    P4170133-L.

Lupines and goldfields:
    P4170170-L.

• Like Like x 11
  2. gswpete

gswpete Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    Great pics, especially love the last one. It won't be long before the summer heat here takes away all this green though :(

3. dhazeghi

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Thanks! That's how it goes with the greenery... Though I probably wouldn't appreciate spring as much if it weren't so short. Hopefully the storm next weekend will help prolong things at least a bit.

4. kimo

kimo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2013
    Colorado
    kimo
    Very beautiful. I really like that first image of the poppies and waterfall. Hope you guys get some relief and the flowers hang around for a while longer.

5. popiT

popiT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    BayArea, CA
    Yang
    Beautiful shots! May I ask where's the waterfall?

Yes more rain please. The hills are getting brown.

6. dhazeghi

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    The waterfall is in the North Table Mountain Ecological Refuge. It's in the foothills, not far from Oroville, CA.

With the current heatwave, everything that wasn't brown already now is. It's going to be a long summer...

• Like Like x 1