1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Spring for a Closeout GH1?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Biro, May 11, 2011.

1. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I got my G1 (with 14-45mm kit lens) for $399 on closeout last fall. This was followed by a GF1 (body only) on closeout for $299 early this year. Now, a leftover GH1 (body only) has dropped to the $350-$399 range. I'm not dissatisfied with my G1 but I am curious: Does the GH1 have enough of an edge in image quality (especially at higher ISOs) to be worth picking up at this price? A GH2 would be lovely, but I won't be picking up any $1000-and-up cameras or lenses again until next year - at the earliest. My G1 could go to a deserving niece. Just asking. Video is not critical but might be nice. But if it's not worth it, fine.

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I moved from a G1 to GH1 and it was a worthwhile upgrade. It also adds video as you say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.