Spring Cleaning Gear Purge

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by dixeyk, Mar 20, 2012.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I have been threatening to do it for quite some time but I always seemed to have reasons not to...well the day finally came and I cleared out 90% of my old legacy glass and I am feeling both lighter and pleased. I did keep a few things but they were carefully chosen.

I kept my Hexanon 24/2.8 and 135/3.2 because I love the images I get form them (the 24 especially). They just have a very nice look. I also kept my Super Takumar 50/1.4 because I love the way it feel in the hand (and the images aren't too shabby either) and my Helios 44M (favorite FSU lens). The rest went to good homes. I also pared down my native stuff to my Panasonic 20 and a new Olympus 45. So far I am not missing anything that I've sold and the proceeds bought me the Olympus 45, helped get trade for an E-P3 and paid for a G2 I just got (and that I am loving having again).

Oh, I also kept two Pentax 110 lenses...mostly because I forgot they were there but they're pretty fun none the less.

This has been kind of like a new haircut...but for gearheads.

2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Congrats!

3. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Nice. You must've offloaded a lot of gear, Kevin!

4. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Well, apparently I had gear that folks wanted. Just lucky I suppose. I feel fortunate that it worked out the way it did.