1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Spring Cleaning Gear Purge

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by dixeyk, Mar 20, 2012.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I have been threatening to do it for quite some time but I always seemed to have reasons not to...well the day finally came and I cleared out 90% of my old legacy glass and I am feeling both lighter and pleased. I did keep a few things but they were carefully chosen.

I kept my Hexanon 24/2.8 and 135/3.2 because I love the images I get form them (the 24 especially). They just have a very nice look. I also kept my Super Takumar 50/1.4 because I love the way it feel in the hand (and the images aren't too shabby either) and my Helios 44M (favorite FSU lens). The rest went to good homes. I also pared down my native stuff to my Panasonic 20 and a new Olympus 45. So far I am not missing anything that I've sold and the proceeds bought me the Olympus 45, helped get trade for an E-P3 and paid for a G2 I just got (and that I am loving having again).

Oh, I also kept two Pentax 110 lenses...mostly because I forgot they were there but they're pretty fun none the less.

This has been kind of like a new haircut...but for gearheads.

2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Congrats!

3. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Nice. You must've offloaded a lot of gear, Kevin!

4. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Well, apparently I had gear that folks wanted. Just lucky I suppose. I feel fortunate that it worked out the way it did.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.