Spread Table

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Robert Watcher, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

It was an interesting sight seeing this frail older woman sitting out in public with her food consisting of loaves of bread - spread out on the picnic table, and garbage bag at her feet.

[​IMG]

E-PL3 w/40-150mm

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Nice picture, I like it. I like how the angled table and horizon complment. The image seems to convey a sadness somehow.

3. Robert Watcher

Thanks for your thoughts Dave.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    She looks to be giving thanks for the meal. Having all of that food and having to eat by herself conveys a sense of loneliness and sadness.

5. Robert Watcher

I believe that she was reading - - - but we can certainly take from a picture what we feel or see in it. In some ways I wish I knew what she was all about at that moment. Kind of a mystery.

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    That's what draws me to this photo - the mystery. I'm glad you can't see the book or magazine she was reading, it makes it less obvious what she was doing. As to why she was in that place at that moment and why she was alone the mystery allows each person to imagine their own story. :smile: