1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

split neutral density filters?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by pete, Mar 20, 2010.

1. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    anyone using split neutral density filters for landscape shots. Ive been thinking of getting one to try on my panny 20mm. I can get a 46mm stepup filter to 52 then by a cokin adapter....any thoughts on this...and thanks very much.

Pete

2. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    morning Pete - good points - I'm clueless - so look forwards to the replies

3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    i want a neutral density filter in the software of my digital camera,

if the computers in these machines can recognise sylvester the cat and expose and focus for his cheshire grin, , then surely it can use an algothrim that can identify a sky\ foreground perimeter and give me a few stops of different exposure ala digital nd filter
    and give me a decently exposed foreground without a blown out sky

im not joking ....grrrrr

• Like Like x 1
  4. badlywornroy

badlywornroy Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 20, 2010
    Hi Pete,

I have a selection of Cokin P series Graduated Neutral Grey filters that I originally bought to use with my dSLR. When I moved to the G1 I just purchased the 52mm adaptor ring. Now also the owner of a GF1 I purchased the 46mm to 52mm stepup ring. I know some say you can achieve the same end result in image editing but I disagree. The m4/3rds sensor is prone to burning out highlights and you cannot rescue these with editing. With landscape shooting and the huge dynamic range difference between sky and ground I find these filters very useful.

badly

• Like Like x 1
  5. oris642

oris642 Mu-43 Regular

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.