split neutral density filters?

pete

Mu-43 Regular
anyone using split neutral density filters for landscape shots. Ive been thinking of getting one to try on my panny 20mm. I can get a 46mm stepup filter to 52 then by a cokin adapter....any thoughts on this...and thanks very much.

Pete

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
morning Pete - good points - I'm clueless - so look forwards to the replies

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
i want a neutral density filter in the software of my digital camera,

if the computers in these machines can recognise sylvester the cat and expose and focus for his cheshire grin, , then surely it can use an algothrim that can identify a sky\ foreground perimeter and give me a few stops of different exposure ala digital nd filter
and give me a decently exposed foreground without a blown out sky

im not joking ....grrrrr

badlywornroy

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi Pete,

I have a selection of Cokin P series Graduated Neutral Grey filters that I originally bought to use with my dSLR. When I moved to the G1 I just purchased the 52mm adaptor ring. Now also the owner of a GF1 I purchased the 46mm to 52mm stepup ring. I know some say you can achieve the same end result in image editing but I disagree. The m4/3rds sensor is prone to burning out highlights and you cannot rescue these with editing. With landscape shooting and the huge dynamic range difference between sky and ground I find these filters very useful.

badly

oris642

Mu-43 Regular
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom