Split Family Faces - Genetic Portraits

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Canada-based graphic designer and photographer Ulric Collette has created a shockingly cool project where he's exploring the genetic similarities between different members of the same family.

By splitting their faces in half and then melding them together, he creates interesting new people that are sometimes quite normal looking and other times far from it. He calls this series Genetic Portraits.

Split Family Faces - My Modern Metropolis

starlabs

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Hiep
That's pretty awesome. It's also a testament to his photography and photoshop skills. I would imagine getting consistent lighting across subjects is not easy.

Here's something I learned in college: most people's faces are highly asymmetrical. You don't really notice it because (for one) you're used to it. But take a head on picture, split it down vertically in half, copy and flip it horizontally to make an entire face with a half pic. Do for both left and right sides of your face. You'll get 2 very different faces...

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
I love how someone can think of something completely different.

Just have an original idea, and put it into play. Neat.

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Nice find Alan. Tickled my fancy when i saw this.

I've always reckoned that when married people age the start to look similar to each other. I don't know whether others have noticed this phenomenon or whether its a phenomenon with my head.

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Nice find Alan. Tickled my fancy when i saw this.

I've always reckoned that when married people age the start to look similar to each other. I don't know whether others have noticed this phenomenon or whether its a phenomenon with my head.

It's all in your head, but people and their dogs, that's a different story ...

RobWatson

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Which one is Rob?

Symmetric is more pretty? Maybe, but you be the judge! Which is the real Rob and which is the pretty one?

RobOriginal.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RobLeft2.jpg

RobRight2.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom