1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

SpiderHolster Black Widow on E-M5 II with battery grip

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Zancrow, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Zancrow

Zancrow Mu-43 Regular

Jul 16, 2014
    Hello, I was wondering if any of you guys had any experience with the Spiderholster Black Widow. I been wanting to carry my E-M5 II with the battery grip without a strap and was wondering if this would be able to hold the body with a lens like the 75mm f1.8.

Thank you

2. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    I use the Black Widow with my E-M1, RRS L-plate and lenses up to the 35-100/2.8. Actually did some light hiking yesterday with this setup. No problem.

I use a wrist strap when I take the camera out of the BW because I'm a clutz.

3. AlanU

AlanU Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2012
    I made an custom adapter and incorporated my E-M5 with my spider holster Pro. The Black Widow is meant for small camera's though...... I absolutely love the spider system.

4. Zancrow

Zancrow Mu-43 Regular

Jul 16, 2014
    Thanks guys, I will probably give the Black Widow a try. i just hope it doesn't look weird since I always have my shirts untucked, lol

5. RobDMB

RobDMB Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2013
    How do you guys use the Spiderholster w/ a tripod? DO you have to unscrew the pin every time and attach a plate or is there a better solution?

6. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    I have an RRS L-plate on my E-M1 all the time. The Spider pin is attached to the cheapest A/S clamp RRS makes, so it's easy to remove or just move out of the way when I put the camera on a tripod. When I'm not using the Spider, I keep the clamp with the pin in the Spider itself so I never misplace it.

I also have a small clamp at the end on a Black Rapid sling and attach / detach it easily as well.

This all works great for me.

Last edited: May 3, 2016