Spider mum.

Dunkeld

Mu-43 Regular
A spider chrysanthemum with most petals still to unfurl.

E-P2. Canon EF fit, Sigma 105mm f2/8 adapted lens.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Dave, I would never have guessed they were about to unfurl! That's a beauty of a picture with the colors of the mum, but also the background, too. Very nice - how about a follow up of the Spider Mum when she's at her peak?

Dunkeld

Mu-43 Regular
Spider unfurled.

So here's another spider chrysanthemum unfurled a bit more. A different flower, different background. These flowers have different sizes, different petal thickness, different lengths etc. There's nobody here in Fuzhou to ask in English about varieties etc. But, there are many and they are very photogenic. I also find the 'mums" nice to play around with when creating effects.

In China, floral displays are often packed tightly together at ground level. Getting good bokeh images is difficult because of this crowding together. Often there is just a background of solid colour, with no areas of clear light showing which would help provide bokeh. More often than not, the camera is pointing downwards into the background gloom.

I suppose if I were many kilos lighter and lay on my belly looking upwards the situation here would provide possible bokeh opportunities as light reflected or bounced around off plants. But, I'll pass on that. I get stared at enough here when photographing everyday subject matter. I would draw a crowd if imitating a snake posture.

Dunkeld

Mu-43 Regular
Heres one I did earlier.

Here's another. I wish I could have got bokeh in the background. Ah well! I should be satisfied with these.

Dave T.

Latest threads

Top Bottom