1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Specific Genre and Camera Galleries Closing

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Dear Mu-43 Members,

Most of you are familiar with our Gallery, a place for our members to host their Micro 4/3 photography: Home - Mu-43 Gallery

When you upload photos, you are given a choice of category: your own member gallery, one of our specific genre galleries, or one of our specific camera galleries. Greater than 90% of the photo uploads have been to the member galleries, which leaves the genre and camera galleries looking sparse.

Because of this, we have decided to delete the Genre and Camera galleries and ask that those few of you who have gone to the effort of sharing your photos in those galleries please re-upload them to your member gallery and/or share them in the forums so that we can continue to enjoy them. Please understand that we are talking about deleting some of the galleries, only. None of the forums (camera forums, genre forums) will be deleted.

Here are the galleries I'm referring to:

Member Galleries: Member Galleries - Mu-43 Gallery
    Specific Genre Galleries: https://www.mu-43.com/gallery/specifi.../index644.html
    Specific Camera Galleries: https://www.mu-43.com/gallery/specifi...es/index2.html

The Specific Genre and Specific Camera Galleries will be closed/deleted at the end of the month (November). We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

- Amin, Don, and BB

11/11 addendum:

We will not actually be deleting those galleries; we will be hiding them. That way, the images already uploaded to those galleries will continue to show in any forum threads where they have been embedded.

• Like Like x 1
  2. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Hi Amin

All my pictures are in one of the defined specific galleries. I don't really know where the members gallery is. If I click on "red's gallery" all my pictures are displayed.

So I ask for some clarification :smile:

Thank you

3. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    Does this mean we'll have to trawl through our posts to find and fix the broken images?

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Red, that link you gave will show all your gallery photos, regardless of the gallery it's in. Your member gallery is here: Member Profile - Mu-43 Gallery

When you click on "Upload Photos", you are presented with options, the first of which is "Choose a category to upload your images to". For that option, please choose "Member Galleries" from the drop down menu in order to upload photos to your member gallery.

Not necessarily. If you choose to move your images from their current specific camera/genre gallery to your member gallery (Photo Options > Edit Photo > Change Category), then yes, your forum images will be broken. However, if you leave your images where they currently reside, the forum images will not be broken, because we will actually be hiding the specific genre/camera galleries rather than deleting them.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I could be mistaken but I think some new folks may be posting in those galleries and may not have seen the notification. Are they locked for new submissions?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I locked them today, thanks!

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Bump for anyone who may have missed this announcement...

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  9. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    BUMP! hmmm... I'm watchin' you Amin......

• Like Like x 1