Specific Bag suggestion help

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by aznmochamike, Jan 22, 2011.

1. aznmochamike

aznmochamike Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2011
    Hi all...

I was looking for a Bag that would fit my GF1 with the EVF attached along with the adapter with the rokkor 58mm 1.2 lens attached. On the side I needed a compartment for one extra battery with the 20mm pancake lens. I really really like the domke f-5xb but then my friend has it and I don't want to copy her... can anyone pls suggest me something else? I am hoping for a sling or messenger type bag like that domke but not like a "lunchbox" type. Also I have a budget of about $75.

Thanks in advance every1...
  2. squidbrand

squidbrand Mu-43 Regular

Dec 22, 2010
    Hà Nội, Việt Nam
    Dude, just buy the damn bag. Buy a different color if you have to. And if she complains that your choice of camera bag cramps her style, tell her to grow up.
  3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Copying is the highest form of flattery....
    Even with them woman folk....
  4. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    Check in the other bags thread for my last post, but I'll suggest Crumpler JimmyBo 300 or 500
  5. aznmochamike

Jan 4, 2011
    hahaha... i did wanna copy it but then my girlfriend beat me too it and bought another color... it'll be awkward for 3 of us to have the same bag... maybe i might get it...
    @m1pui... i was looking at that one before but then it has one main compartment and i don't know where my 20mm would fit if i have the camera in the main compartment without any dividers
  6. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    The 500 has a divider, the 300 doesn't but you could just use a small lens case or gadget sock to protect it
  7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I've been using Domke's for 30+ years ... they are fast (easy to get in and out of), comfy and extremely well made (USA). Get the bag. Okay, I've given it more thought ... I see you point ... get two bags, the Domke for when you shoot without your GF and a lesser bag (any bag would be a lesser bag) when you're shooting with the GF.

Take a look at the F-3x

It is small but more "photo" looking and much more macho than the 5x.

8. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Spray paint something on it and then drag it along the ground until it looks worn. Then when everyone sees you together they will assume they copied you.:rolleyes:
  9. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Take a look at the f5xc, I like the lower lens compartment idea and I've been thinking about buying one.

Video of some goofy guy reviewing f5xc
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG8K4hgbe8o&sns=em]YouTube - What's in your Camera Bag? (Domke F-5XC)[/ame]
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    I want what's IN that guy's bag.
  11. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Look around the frame, he appears to be doing ok financially ... Projector on the ceiling, acoustic behind the door, amp behind him (so 1 can assume there's at least one electric around), what he pulls out of the bag. ... Goofy, but loaded
  12. macjansson

macjansson Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
  13. aznmochamike

Jan 4, 2011
    Yes i like thats in that guy's bag too... love Leicas but way out of my budget... the F-3 is a bit too big and out of my budget too... i will very much consider the f-5xb... the f-5xc is nice for the lower compartment but also seems too be way too spacious on the top compartment... however i was considering this bag:
    Amazon.com: Lowepro Photo Runner 100 Convertible Beltpack/Shoulder Bag for DSLR Cameras (Mica): Camera & Photo
    what do you guys think about that one?

it will also fit a tabletop tripod whenever i need to carry one around to parties too