Special phenomenon with Panasonic Lumix G2

pinkf

New to Mu-43
Many years ago I bought an m43 camera, the Panasonic Lumix G2. After several years of intensive use, the shutter suddenly broke. The shutter remained closed, so that the camera could no longer be used. I bought then an Olympus OM10 mk11, which still works fine.

When I put in an old charged battery in the Lumix G2 yesterday, the shutter suddenly opened again. I can take pictures with it again! I now have 2 working cameras.

My question does anyone know the phenomenon that if you put a charged battery in an Lumix G2 camera, that suddenly a defective / closed shutter functions normally again?

Gr. pinkf

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
I am not familiar with this particular phenomenon, but I am familiar with having good luck once in a while (not often enough!). However, I think I'd be a little leery about using that camera for anything important (like taking a trip with it). It is kind of obviously not to be trusted. Maybe you could use it as a 2nd body with a different lens mounted, or just as a backup (although using an unreliable camera as a backup to a reliable one seems kind of weird... ;)

SilverShutter

Mu-43 Regular
Maybe there was some glitch in the memory of the camera. Allowing it to discharge completely for so long probably resets the chips inside, and it sorted itself out. Just a guess though.

pinkf

New to Mu-43
I am not familiar with this particular phenomenon, but I am familiar with having good luck once in a while (not often enough!). However, I think I'd be a little leery about using that camera for anything important (like taking a trip with it). It is kind of obviously not to be trusted. Maybe you could use it as a 2nd body with a different lens mounted, or just as a backup (although using an unreliable camera as a backup to a reliable one seems kind of weird... ;)
Thanks for your great answer!!

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
I had my Panny G2 shutter stuck after canceling a time-lapse long exposure of a lightning storm many moons ago. Nobody was willing to repair it and I couldn't get it to work so I gave up on it. I don't have it anymore but I am tempted to get one just for nostalgia, I've seen it for a few tens of £ and in my favourite color too (when they used to make them other then black or silver): blue.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom