1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Spare battery for GX7?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by FishyFish, Jun 1, 2016.

1. FishyFish

FishyFish Mu-43 Regular

May 31, 2016
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a GX7 battery please? I've noticed the battery life to be considerably less than my DSLY, so want a spare to chuck in my bag when I'm out and about. I'm happy to go for a third-party brand as long as the quality is good.

I've seen a suitable Duracell model that seems reasonably priced - are they a good brand where camera batteries are concerned?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FishyFish

FishyFish Mu-43 Regular

May 31, 2016
    Thanks David. I should've mentioned that I'm in the UK. Unfortunately, it looks like Amazon UK don't have that battery available and I can't see any other local suppliers.

4. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    I'd just get a couple of any old cheap 3rd party battery designed to replace the DMW-BLG10, as long as it say it's "coded" so that it will accurately display battery capacity and interface properly with the OEM charger. That's what I do. They don't typically last as long as OEM batteries, but they cost 2-4x less, so I'm completely fine with that tradeoff.

If you want an even cheaper option that will be compatible with your GX7 but has a slightly lower capacity, you can use the older battery that fits the GF3, the DMW-BLE9. It also fits the GX7.

5. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    I'm not familiar with the brands listed on Amazon UK.

6. ionian

ionian Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Simon
  7. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    You can also get the Panasonic BLE9 (I think) which were for the original GF6 but also fit the GX7. They have slightly less capacity but are at least genuine brand and A LOT cheaper. I'm very happy with mine and will probably get a few more before my trip to Iceland in the Summer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I was going to suggest the same thing. I have several of the genuine Panasonic brand DMW-BLE9 and they work great as spares. I think they are like $9-10 on ebay in the U.S.

I will add that I believe they are cheap because they are a discontinued model. So they may be some pretty old stock. That can be bad for battery life, but again I've been fine with mine. Probably get 300 shots with those vs 350 with my BLG10 that came with the camera. But I bought 3 of them for half the price of one BLG10...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zuri

Zuri Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2016
    Official Panasonic spare battery is what I use

Sent from my SM-G935F using Mu-43 app

10. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Looking on Amazon UK the BLE9 is a lot cheaper than the BLG10. £19.99 versus £48.10

11. FishyFish

FishyFish Mu-43 Regular

May 31, 2016
    Thanks for all the responses. I think I might look at getting a BLE9 as a backup.