Spa Classic 6h Race 2012

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by OldGlass, Sep 24, 2012.

1. OldGlass

OldGlass New to Mu-43

Nov 19, 2011
    Hello,

last weekend I have been to Spa-Francorchamps for the Classic 6h race. I took my E-P2 in company with my Canon FD lenses with me.

The weather conditions thankfully were mostly dry and sometimes the sun made its way through the clouds and gave gorgeous light.

This time I let the camera in aperture priority mode. The thumb wheel was used to control the exposure correction. In this setting I could concentrate better on the shots as in fully manual mode. The only thing I had an eye on was to keep the times a bit on the long side to show more of the motion.

In the combination with the FD lenses the camera was able to take about 600 shots out of the charged battery.

When at home again I was stuck by the first image. How was this possible to capture the Aston-Martin fairly sharp while all the other cars were blurred in action?

What do you think of the pictures?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    the aston was too slow :) lol...

More likely the aston is at the apex of it's turn that was a little too tight, therefore just slowed enough for your shutter.

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Love the colors, nice set!

4. OldGlass

OldGlass New to Mu-43

Nov 19, 2011
    Hi,

thanks for your kind replies.

@Just Jim: The physics are clear to me, but I had never expected such a shot and I think I couldn`t do it again.:smile:

@RevBob: I really aimed for these colours. The light was brilliant there esp. when the sun passed the clouds. And on some shots I used a polarizer which helped a lot.:smile:

Cheers,

Jens