Southeast PA, small exhibit of my work starting Aug. 2

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
All the work exhibited will be from Micro Four Thirds Cameras! (E-M5, E-PL5 and G5)

I'll be showing more large photographic prints: there will be three 24x36" prints of my work -- I normally don't exhibit anything over 16x20". There will be seven of my 16x20" works that have never been shown. Though you all may have seen them posted digitally -- large prints are a different experience.

But it is only a cafe in my town that displays work of local artists so it's just a small solo show.

When: Opens Friday August 2nd at 6PM to 9PM, runs through the end of August. I'll be there opening night and on the morning of August 3rd from 8AM to 11AM.

Where: Sinclair’s Sunrise Café & Tea Room! Located at 127 E. State Street in the heart of Historic Kennett Square, PA Website: Sunrise Welcome

Parking is free on the street after 6PM, or the parking garage is free then also.

Breakfast on Saturday Aug. 3rd is a more relaxed time to see the photos I think. Also the food is good and you can ask Ray Sachs if you don't believe me as he had lunch there with me before.

But they will be there for a month so if you get to Kennett please stop by, have a gander. The owner's name is Lynn Sinclair and you can ask for her and tell her "Griggs sent me" and you get an additional 10% added to your bill... on second thought, don't mention me...

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
Great! Which photos have you chosen to show?
Three from the outer banks (one 36x24"), one black and white surreal landscape, three from the silk mill (two are 36x24"), one from the coal breaker, and two from the asylum.

Most have been reedited and cropped for large printing, but I will link the web versions.

Thanks!

The first three are the ones that are 36x24" -- some re-cropped obviously:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Remote Weather Station by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

Throwing Klotz: Silk Mill Still Life by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

Throwing Klotz: Outside, the World Moved On by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

And these are the 16x20" shots, some also cropped differently than what I chose for the web:

Throwing Klotz: Though Gone, She Remained in Spirit... by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

All Must Die Alone... by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

Come and Play with Us! Forever, and ever, and ever... by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

The next one is completely re-imagined as a duo-toned black and white, but I don't have that version online to show you:

Breaking Nick: A Bunch of Heels, Talking Behind His Back by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

The Driftwood Trap by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

The Lecturer by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

Hiding from Armageddon in the Corn by the Wall by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

scott

Mu-43 Veteran
Congrats--should be a great show!

I'd love to see the big prints in person.

billgreen

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bill Green
Great stuff. But I hate to be the one to break the bad news.....you simply can't do this level imaging with anything less than a full frame DSLR. You are breaking the rules, you know? I'll have to report you to the NAFFFB (National Association of Full Frame ******s).

Sent from my iPad in Costa Rica (using Mu-43 mobile app)
Images processed with Snapseed

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
Great stuff. But I hate to be the one to break the bad news.....you simply can't do this level imaging with anything less than a full frame DSLR. You are breaking the rules, you know? I'll have to report you to the NAFFFB (National Association of Full Frame ******s)
[frantically starts hiding his large prints, periodically peeking nervously through the drawn curtains...]

lol! I think I must be psychic. I can divine that last word even through the asterisks...

Thanks!

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
Again, thanks all.

I hung it today. One snag: got a bad piece of glass in one of the 24x36 inch frames which had some residue on it even after cleaning. It was fully dry, but had some kind of sticky film like a silicone oil or something on it -- I don't know.

At any rate, it ruined one of the large shots, "Silk Mill Still Life" so it won't be hung at that size but instead as a 16x20". Bummer and a waste of money. The print GLUED itself to the glass and you could see the dark areas and when the print was separated from the glass the print de-laminated and the emulsion peeled off. Not good.

On the plus side, the new way I'm processing the big print files looks great and I'm very happy with the latest prints.

scott

Mu-43 Veteran
Yuck--that's painful (and expensive...). Glad that that the big prints are turning out well, though.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom