1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

South Shore Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Grant, May 21, 2010.

1. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

I kind of like this camera …

4626964468_5f54816d26_o.

I don’t ever remember the tide being this low in Blue Rocks. I got right down to the waters edged and then sat on my butt to shoot this one. I shot it with two lenses, 24 mm on a dSLR and 20 mm on a micro four/thirds . The compositions was almost the same but with the 20 mm the reflection just touched the edge of the land and I thought that gave the image a connection and hence a better composition.

In post, I use Aperture, I cropped a small bit of the bottom as it was a tad bottom heavy. Then I just tweaked the raw components to get the most out of the image.

You will also note the door is open and very inviting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    The entire image is inviting. It makes me want to visit Nova Scotia again!

3. thekeddi

thekeddi Mu-43 Rookie

May 17, 2010
    Fantastic shot! One of the places on my must visit before I die list!

4. MikeB10

MikeB10 Mu-43 Regular

This is really nice Grant. I like everything about it.

5. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Nova Scotia is one of the places we would like to visit in the next few years - part of one of our retirement trips

Post some more images as you go along it would be great to see them

Thanks

6. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    i love it

7. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    To my eye, this is one of those photographs that is simply very pleasing and appealing. Nice.

8. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

Great shot. Wonderful balance and color,

My wife and I did a Maritime Provinces cruise last fall and would recommend it to anyone looking for a compelling mix of homey and majestic scenery. And great beer at every stop!

9. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Grant, great shot. I like the atmosphere a lot. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice weekend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.