1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

South America - A Preview

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Alpha Whiskey Photography, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Just returned from a trip to South America (Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Iguassu, Brazil), using the EM-5 and mainly the 12-40mm F/2.8 and 40-150mm F/2.8, with one or two with the 45mm F/1.8.
    These are a first snapshot. :)

6 Montevideo Samba. 4 Tango. 1 Iguassu. 9. 3 Puerto-Madero. 2 La-Boca. 15 Christ Redeemer. 11 Marmoset. 17 Favela.

16 Sugar-Loaf-Mountain.
    MORE HERE

• Like Like x 27
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Love the shot of whatever that creature is with its young! Really quite wonderful.

OH! and the colorful houses too. My two favorites from a nice series.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sailorlad

Sailorlad Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    Robert
    Great images, very colourful and something to be treasured. I particularly like the shot of the street in Paraty - lovely reflections in the water. I searched for the Girl from Ipanema but sadly could not see her on the beach (could hear the music though!).
    Thanks for posting.
    Robert.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Great shots!

• Like Like x 1
  5. inthecage

inthecage Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    North Ohio
    M Ferencz
    Really beautiful work. These inspire me. Thank You

• Like Like x 1
  6. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I agree with the others, terrific work. The primate (Tamarin?) shot is adorable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jo45800

jo45800 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 23, 2013
    Montreal
    Very good pictures, the only thing that bug me is the black and white frame, I think it's distracting the viewer from enjoying a good picture.

8. It's a marmoset, I think. They joined us at breakfast on Paraty. :)

9. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Well, I'll have to put marmoset on my short list of the most adorable creatures out there. The tufts on the side of the head are amazing, and while burned out highlights often make me shutter, they are perfect on this shot. Nice job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Splitprism

Splitprism Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2013
    Angra, Brazil
    Has anyone else noticed the marmoset has two young clinging to her? Lovely set of images.

11. dannsing

dannsing Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2014
    California
    Wonderful set - thanks for sharing! Was there at many of these spots last year, but I was just learning how to use my EM-5, so it was great to revisit through your shots!

• Like Like x 1
  12. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Very Nice..