source for...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ddb, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Can anyone tell me where to find a source for refurbished Pen cameras?
    I use a Panny G1 and really like it except for the low light (high iso) capability. Would like to pick up a refurb Elp1 or Ep2 to see if they are better.

2. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Dunno, but I do have an E-PL1 body over in the marketplace.

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Look here in our Classifieds, there are often very nice cameras for sale. I've sold several myself.

Check out eBay and any other camera forums you are familiar with, too. Always read their guidelines for the classifieds. Fredmiranda FM Forums is supposed to be a very good place. I have no personal experience, but do know others recommend it. In addition, some well known camera stores have "used" cameras for sale, as well...such as B&H. Amazon may as well, I don't know.

4. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I agree the marketplace on this forum is terrific. If i were looking for an Olympus PEN I would start here and probably go to getdpi.com and fredmiranda.com next.

Kevin

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like Like x 1
  6. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    As far as I understood, with the exception of the GH1, all the first gen micro 4/3 cameras (G1, Pens) used the same sensor. You might get better noise control in the JPG's out of the olympus, but as far as the raw sensor data, I think they're all the same. That's part of the reason many of us are excited to see what the new GH2 is going to be capable of with it's new sensor.

7. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    I've both bought and sold on Fred Miranda's site and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. I've always had great experiences there. I've also bought used from B&H and great experiences there as well. You might also try KEH.com -- they have a used department and I've also bought from them and have been completely satisfied.

• Like Like x 1