1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sort of Photo related---- $$ to spend - looking at Parrot Bebop drone

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by AussiePhil, Jan 11, 2015.

1. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    Photo related due to Camera tech incorporated into the drone.

Got some Xmas money tucked away (given to buy 40-150Pro that was already paid for) and have been looking at a Parrot Bebop drone to a: have some fun, b: expand the video/photo experience into the air.

Haven't got one yet as no local retailer has had one on the shelf to walk away with.

I'm curious if anyone has had experience with one of these?

Cheers

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I have no experience with drones, but some regarding Parrot (if it's the same French company) Bluetooth hands free devices and I've sworn never to touch Parrot products again. They were under-performing and often nothing but trouble.

3. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    Yeah, same company.... the AR drone became respected over time and the reading on what forums I can find gives the Bebop mixed findings but forums bring out the extremes as we all know :)

The biggest issue seems to be people not reading the manual and doing things out of order......

Still looks like a hugely fun thing and the 14Mpixel, 180 degree fisheye camera that they crop for the HD video seems really trick.