Soon to be....

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Ihavenewfs, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Ihavenewfs

Ihavenewfs Mu-43 Regular

a 4/3rds Oly EPL-2 is on order and I can hardly wait. I've been (and continue to be) a card-carrying Nikon D300 person but rather than going for the full-frame next I thought it might be more adventurous to try out the 4/3rds. This site looks great!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome. Many of us came from a dslr background and now think 'small is beautiful'.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Welcome to the forum!
  4. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Hello Ihave (if I may call you Ihave). Nice to meet you.
    Any chance you could enter a country in your details?
    I like to know where people are around the world, and what their cultural surroundings are likely to be, but that's me.
    Nothing wrong with remaining a man, or lady, of mystery though.
  5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    I just did the same thing last week, though I dumped the D300 and bought the E-PL2. I couldn't bear to see how much my D300 wouldn't be worth when the D400 drops. I got a D-LUX5 as well. I like the tiny 24-90 package. The EVF was really too small though, so I returned it. I'll likely try the VF-2 for the E-PL2.

It was a tough choice, E-PL2, NEX-5, or GF2. It really came down to having had the E-10 and E-20 back before DSLRs and loving those two (and OM-1/2/4s way back...). I'm taking a camera wherever I go again, and I like that.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ihavenewfs

Ihavenewfs Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I did go back and fill in my can call me Marie btw :)

I haven't been this excited about a new camera since my last one (the D300) and that was awhile ago. I suspect I'll be taking more pics with the EPL2 since it will be easier to carry it around with me!
    • Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Marie, welcome aboard! You must promise to post some photographs of your Newfies here:

I've been reading and seeing good things about and from this E-PL2. An early congratulations from me, to you.:biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    welcome aboard!

Nice to have you here, we look forward to seeing some images from you in the near future.

Cheers, from New england!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plimsol

Plimsol Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2010
    Belgium, Antwerp
    A welcome from Belgium.
    • Like Like x 1