Sony to kick things off with a 16mm f/2.8 prime and two zooms?

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Remember this?

View attachment 143621

According to SonyAlphaRumors, the first Sony mirrorless interchangeable lenses will include two zooms and a 16mm f/2.8 prime. If true, it would be very interesting of Sony to launch with an ultrawide (24mm equivalent in 35mm frame terms) for their first prime. Would make sense to complement the standard zoom (which probably starts at 28mm equivalent) this way.

Herman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi Amin, thanks for this thread. Does Sony have flash, in built OS, EVF as option?
How about availability and pricing.

DennisC

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the post.
I may be able to use my Sony lenses with one of those bodies or is that wishful thinking.

Not sure how much you gain by using an APS-C sensor but I can tell you that my Leica X1 ( with APS-C Sony Sensor on board ) knocks the spots off my GF-1 when it comes to image quality.

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Will this system be in the mu-43rds format Amin? I guess seeing as we are posting in 'Other Systems' the expectation is not.

Bokeh D

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
The rumors are that Sony's initial mirrorless cameras will have an APS-C sensor, new mount (not compatible with Samsung NX or MFT), lens IS (no body stabilization), external OVF (no built in EVF and ? no external EVF option), no popup flash, and will have an available adapter to use existing Sony Alpha lenses. Supposed availability as soon as late May, and the least expensive model will supposedly be less than $600.

All of that is rumor, unconfirmed by Sony.

adam

Mu-43 Regular
Even if there is an AF-capable adapter available (which I suspect there will be) for Alpha lenses, I can't imagine the focus performance would be so tolerable...none of Sony's lenses are designed for contrast-detect AF.

(Which is why I'm not waiting to see what Sony comes up with before jumping on Panasonic. Why go for a system if the top-level glass isn't going to perform at its peak?)

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I was really hoping for an integrated new format supporting MFT... I am selfish in wanting the class substantiated.

Bokeh D

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
... and will have an available adapter to use existing Sony Alpha lenses.
Oh. That's a potential point of interset.
Since sony alphas can AF with Minolta AF lenses ... will this sony minimal brick AF through the adapter with Minoltas too?
If so my mate's never getting his bag of Maxxum stuff back ever! MuHaHaHa!

Now all Sony have to do is make enough of these cheap enough that next year I can buy one second-hand...

vincechu

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for sharing aminI heard the cameras are going to be thinner then any Oly Pen model but the lenses are bigger than the m4/3rds lens - some people speculate that this is because Sony might release a mirrorless full frame camera in the future, as they said in their press release they're planning to release a whole line of mirrorless cams.

heard that somewhere here: sonyalpharumors

Once again the above are just rumors/speculation that i've found on the web

Latest threads

Top Bottom