Sony SD Cards - Faulty Cards, ID and Replacement info

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi Everyone. Sony has identified that some of its SD cards are faulty.

Here is their info regarding identifying the faulty cards and how to go about return for replacement.

Unfortunately, this is for GB and Europe only, the USA and the rest of the world will have their own methods of ID and return so please contact Sony for your part of the world.

Here is the link which Sony sent to me -

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/memory-cards-sd-cards/sf-m64t/articles/00246876

Hope that helps everybody

Last edited:

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
Thanks for that. I've got two Sony Tough cards and it seems one of them is affected. Not had any issues with it so far - but then again I'm not using it for VSC mode. I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle to get it swapped.

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for that. I've got two Sony Tough cards and it seems one of them is affected. Not had any issues with it so far - but then again I'm not using it for VSC mode. I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle to get it swapped.
Always worth it. You never know if other problems may also show up.
It's no hassle really, just fill in the form, attach a picture for each side of the card and press send. They will let you know if they will replace it by email and attach a returns label as well. They send the new one when they have received the faulty one. Just use a spare card in the meantime.

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
Always worth it. You never know if other problems may also show up.
It's no hassle really, just fill in the form, attach a picture for each side of the card and press send. They will let you know if they will replace it by email and attach a returns label as well. They send the new one when they have received the faulty one. Just use a spare card in the meantime.
Yes, I guess you're right. I've filled in the form, so let's see how long it all takes.

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
Just an update for those interested -

Yesterday, after 26 days, I received an email from Sony telling me that my card is one of the affected and letting me know that UPS will email a returns label and that once the faulty card was in their hands a replacement would be sent to me.

Today, I received the email from UPS with the returns label and a choice of local shops where I can hand it in.

All in all a good service.

I will be sending the package tomorrow so we'll see how long it will be now until the replacement arrives.

Last edited:

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
I also had two SONY tough SD cards that was on the SONY recall list. They emailed me a form to return my cards taped to the form and about 2 weeks later I got my new cards. No problems.

Keeth101

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for your input zensu.

Yes, my replacement card was delivered on Wednesday (I am in England and was dealt with through the English side of Sony), I am happy.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom