Sony RX100 V

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Danny_SWE, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Looks great:
    Hands-on with the Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V

Video feats seems to be their focus here, will be a killer micro-Video machine this one.

I guess price level will be out of my league :) but it would sure be nice. Was thinking of a mark IV, that could maybe become a little more affordable soon, but I doubt that.

2. astrostl

astrostl Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 4, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Justin Honold
    Should make the M3 an even better deal. Unless you're into major video and slow-mo, the M4 isn't much of a jump IMHO.

I would have snap-purchased an M5 if, maddeningly like the A6500 that was announced along side it, it had a touchscreen for setting AF zones.

3. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Currently, there's about a $150 gap between each of the RX100 models. I can see that trend continuing but that would drop the original Mark I to something like $299. Would Sony let it go that cheaply - or finally discontinue it?

Sony RX100 | B&H Photo Video

Right now, the Mark V and Mark IV are the same price - but I think that's during the "pre-order" period only.

All this said, I can't figure out why Sony left a touchscreen off the new camera. All of that autofocus performance and you can't smoothly pull focus by tapping a touchscreen while shooting video.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  4. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.