Sony RX100 V

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Danny_SWE, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Looks great:
    Hands-on with the Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V

Video feats seems to be their focus here, will be a killer micro-Video machine this one.

I guess price level will be out of my league :) but it would sure be nice. Was thinking of a mark IV, that could maybe become a little more affordable soon, but I doubt that.
  2. astrostl

astrostl Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Justin Honold
    Should make the M3 an even better deal. Unless you're into major video and slow-mo, the M4 isn't much of a jump IMHO.

I would have snap-purchased an M5 if, maddeningly like the A6500 that was announced along side it, it had a touchscreen for setting AF zones.
  3. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Currently, there's about a $150 gap between each of the RX100 models. I can see that trend continuing but that would drop the original Mark I to something like $299. Would Sony let it go that cheaply - or finally discontinue it?

Sony RX100 | B&H Photo Video

Right now, the Mark V and Mark IV are the same price - but I think that's during the "pre-order" period only.

All this said, I can't figure out why Sony left a touchscreen off the new camera. All of that autofocus performance and you can't smoothly pull focus by tapping a touchscreen while shooting video.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  4. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    • Like Like x 1