Sony is getting more ridiculous every year or is it just me?

Rudy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It's awesome and they will sell a lot of these.
Small form factor wireless camera that takes high quality lenses.
Don't think about it as a regular camera...
Rudy

Theo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Theo K.
Ah I see. There are selfies and there are studio quality selfies. Well done.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mu-43 mobile app

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sony is pushing the envelope in all directions as far as I can tell, and I am very happy for it. While I'm not particularly interested in this one, I'm guessing others may be. Either way, I hope Sony keeps innovating.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

letsgofishing

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mike Kaplan
Daft idea IMO - when you want to use your phone as a phone (it's primary purpose, remember) you have to take the lens and adapter off and try and stuff it in your jeans. Or worse, you're using the "lens" and your phone rings - now you're talking to someone with a 200g lens hanging off your ear! Can't wait to see the first pcs of this happening!

PMCC

Mu-43 Regular
This thing is great!

There are already people talking about using it as an astro-CCD, removing the IR filter and strapping a cooling unit on it. The $400 asking price is a bargain.

Think of it as a mini digital back.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
There are already people talking about using it as an astro-CCD, removing the IR filter and strapping a cooling unit on it. The $400 asking price is a bargain.

Think of it as a mini digital back.
For the price point, it's not such a bad idea at all. As mentioned, all they need to do is introduce a FF version and the astronomer types may well get very excited.

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
Innovation comes from thinking outside the box and pushing the limits of not just technology but also ideas.

Even though this product doesn't necessarily interest me, I'm glad that Sony is being creative and coming out with new products and ideas instead of rehashing the same things ad nauseum.

PMCC

Mu-43 Regular
For the price point, it's not such a bad idea at all. As mentioned, all they need to do is introduce a FF version and the astronomer types may well get very excited.
The astronomer types don't care about full frame. Telescopes with good FF coverage are just ridiculously expensive.

Give me an APS-C B&W sensor with no IR and AA filter and I'd buy in a heart beat.

PMCC

Mu-43 Regular
Another use. Strap one on a UAV. Perfect integration with the plane's control system.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
The astronomer types don't care about full frame. Telescopes with good FF coverage are just ridiculously expensive.

Give me an APS-C B&W sensor with no IR and AA filter and I'd buy in a heart beat.
I included all astro-interested photographers into the 'astronomer types' statement; not just the deep sky photographers. :)

Just Jim

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yeah, they're nuts. Sounds like a good way to go broke. Especially considering the major negative of their A7's... where are the lenses. Typical Sony, that throws out a whole bunch of unfocused product lines that people will adopt in varying degree's then get burned when they have to try reign them in later because the user base is scattered. Sure they're fun, and innovative but don't expect longevity.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom