1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sony DSC-RX100 $399.99 free shipping

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by teddoman, Jan 7, 2014.

1. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Not sure about the vendor either, but its a fantastic camera. Speed and focusing is as fast as my E-PM2 and it fits into most pockets.

2. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    The seller big vaule inc is a big grey market seller on ebay, most their cameras came from different region and you won't get any warranty for it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Y2K

Y2K Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    MA
    Yefim
    That is not always true with Big Value Inc. Sometimes they sell grey market sometimes they don't. Here is the previous thread about a previous sale they had on this camera a week or so ago when it was about 8 dollars more: Link on slickdeals. They sold over a 1,000 of them and people who got them reported that they were US versions with warranty card and everything, so full warranty. Looks like they got more stock now. If I would not order one a couple of days from Sony when they were offering it with $200 credit if you open Sony credit card, I would be all over this one. With tax mine will come to about $385 and they include a free 32GB SD card.

400 bucks is a very good deal for this camera brand new. Used ones can be found for around the same price (or a bit cheaper if you are patient) though.

Can't wait to get mine in 2 days. This would be a pocketable alternative when I don't want to take my E-M1.

4. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    Glad to hear this deal worked out for someone. Since I don't really shoot with compacts much anymore, I'm just glad I sold my RX100 just before this deal came out! :)

5. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    That's not true. When Big Value sells grey market they clearly mark it as such. In this case they didn't. They have had this listing on ebay for many weeks. The people that have gotten it have confirmed that it is a US model with a US warranty. By default that's what Big Value sells unless otherwise noted. If in doubt all you have to do is call them and they will tell you. In this case they would have told you it was a new US model camera.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    It's good to know they're not selling all grey market cameras.

I had 2 deals with them before, one of the deal was EOS M, it was grey market product, they couldn't even provide basic Canon software disk and that was clearly on their product description page, I waited over 30 days/many emails for them to solve this problem, at the end, the last reply was they don't have it.., and I pass the return period, I had to respond with the negative feedback, they do offer 16GB memory card to earn my positive feedback witch I refused..

I think buyers should check their feedback before you decide to purchase one, see why the other buyers complains.

7. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Hello,
    I purchased a Canon SL1 with the kit lens from them at $489.99 with free shipping. They told me some kits were US and others were not and it could not be specified. Mine was. It was shipped properly and still seems to be a well-functioning capable camera. They said that non-US versions would have a 90 day warranty for parts and labor and a year for parts through their store, so it seems some protection is there with non-US models. I guess this indicates my satisfaction, willingness to purchase again, with appropriate pricing discounts, and a tentative recommendation for them. Others, though,
    as you can see, have a less happy experience to report. I think BV could be worth a try, however, with awareness that it might not be exactly what you'd like, even if my purchase went pretty well.

Robert

8. stripedrex

stripedrex Do or do not. There is no try.

Jun 8, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Alex
    Just FYI for folks I got the bigvalue one when it was 408 and it's the US version brand new (taped box) and rocking sweet pix and video. Loving this camera, small enough as my take everywhere. Only complaint is the special wasn't on the RX100 M2 so I can tilt and have an evf =p.

9. ibcj

ibcj Mu-43 Regular

Oct 15, 2011
    I bought the RX100 when it was first released from a US retailer and the box was sealed with a sticker. I just bought one @$399 and it appears to be a US product with US Warranty information, but no sticker sealing the box. :confused:

10. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    I don't think they have seal on the box in many Asian countries. I have some straight from Japan gear that was never sealed at factory. Nikon DSLRs are not sealed in the States.