Sony bokeh in a box: Sony mirrorless camera

hodad66

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

STORY HERE

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I assume that this button is going to lower the f-stop as opposed to doing software blurring, which isn't even possible to do well automatically on a full desktop with Photoshop!

This was the most interesting figure to me:

because it shows that the display is going to use swipe gestures to control parameters. I've been thinking about that possibility quite a bit. The iPhone has sort of re-defined my GUI expectations for small screens. I want to be able to swipe my finger horizontally across my G1 LCD and have that swipe away the live view and bring up large slidable tabs for ISO, etc. This Sony looks to be headed in that direction!

vincechu

Mu-43 Regular
Hi guys, am I right in thinking that the GF1 can do this in its "peripheral defocus mode" and that the E-PL1 can do it too? both by lowering f-stop but in a simpler mode for people moving up to dslrs from compacts?

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Thanks for the video. I thought that the screenshots we saw in another thread meant that it would be a touch screen with slide controls, but now I'm not so sure!

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
It's strange we haven't seen a rear shot of the camera yet - I have a feeling the interface is being designed for a touch screen. They've given themselves plenty of time to finish the design!

Cheers

Brian

hohoho

Mu-43 Regular
It's got "background defocus control". I don't learn anything else. Did I miss something?

It's strange we haven't seen a rear shot of the camera yet
Let's hope it's inspired by Canon:

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
@Brian 32 will fit me nicely!

That's a very well designed back interface! I heard canon's developing a model with 2 viewfinders, one for each eye :D

Other than this, I'm also hoping that the rangefinder-style-built-in-evf rumor for panasonic is true. I think I'm more interested in that one.

F1L1P

Mu-43 Veteran
It's strange we haven't seen a rear shot of the camera yet - I have a feeling the interface is being designed for a touch screen. They've given themselves plenty of time to finish the design!
we have :wink:

I think it will have touchscreen for sure (based on the design and on screen menus).

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
i fine it ugly and uninspired when the back is seen, looks like cheap toy ,i guess sony has not caught up with the new design paradigm....front and back.....

ricoh never lost it
olympus revived it , perfected it
panny said me too but less formal
samsung said look at my new 24-72 1.8-2.5 'i know a grip!!!"

bashar

Mu-43 Regular
Touch screen?! No thank you, I have tried to pull my fingers out of the gloves to shoot in cold toronto, it was NO nice

vincechu

Mu-43 Regular
It's got "background defocus control". I don't learn anything else. Did I miss something?

Let's hope it's inspired by Canon:
haha that cracked me up :rofl:

first time around I missed the wording completely :tongue:

Justified_Sinner

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dauvit Alexander
we have :wink:
Ugly. Horribly reminiscent of everything that was bad in the 1980s.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom