1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sony a77 unveiled

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by mauve, Aug 27, 2011.

1. mauve

mauve Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Sony Alpha 77

Looks mighty good so far.
    (sorry, french article)

Cheers,

2. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Looks like an absolute brute... I think this will definitely shake things up in APS-land - there are features on this that are well and truly in amongst the D3/1D's of the world...

Will be mighty interesting to see how CaNikon/Pentax respond with D400/7DII/K-3(?) :smile:

3. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

MR over on luminous-landscape is already all over the new camera. Nothing on IQ however as no final firmware yet. If Sony can actually get 24mm to behave on an APS sized chip a lot of people are going to jump on this.

I may have to have another camera myself. :eek: 

4. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    Since I know that I will probably never own a camera that large, what interests me most about the A77 (and NEX-7) is the very high resolution, high refresh rate OLED viewfinder. It's a huge step toward the days when OVFs will have absolutely no advantages over EVFs. I can only hope that the next generation of :43: cameras follow suit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.