Sony A7 great deal @ Sammy's Camera, in-store only, see inside

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Halaking, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I see someone post a good deal on other deal site, but I haven't call in to confirm, please update it if you call.

Samys Camera B&M has a no sales tax promo on select cameras from today till Wednesday.

One camera to look at is the new Sony A7 full-frame compact camera with the 28-70mm kit lens. The selling price is $1998. Trade in any used digital camera (working or broken) and get a $300 instant credit. Plus NO SALES tax. So the out the door price on the A7 with the kit lens is $1698. No camera lying around to trade in? No problem. They will sell you a digital camera for $10 which you can then turn into your trade in.

You can also combine it with the ongoing bundle promotion by Sony. For example, if you get the A7 with the kit lens + the HVLF60M flash you get $450 instant credit. So $1998 + $548 = $2546. Take off $450 for the bundle credit and you are down to $2096. Then take off another $300 from the trade in promo and you are down to $1796.
  2. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I wonder if any of the Olympus cameras would qualify with no tax. :O
  3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    well I was offered no tax on Samys on a GM1 on saturday... didn't take up the offer... no idea when the no tax thing ends.

they often do no tax weekends , usually around public holidays

samys and Belair cameras are the last two real camera shops i know of in LA

4. katiedaddy

katiedaddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2014
    MD, USA
    Interesting, focus camera is running exact same promotion right now and they're available online as well.
  5. PandaSPUR

PandaSPUR Mu-43 Regular

Feb 6, 2014
    I just order online from out of state retailers when I want something tax free. Shh dont tell "the man"

EDIT: Good deal for the A7 though... I wonder if they have a similar deal for the A7R.