Sony A7+28-70mm kit lens for $1600 on eBay

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by zapatista, Jan 29, 2014.

1. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Found this deal too good to pass up from a place in Hong Kong called T-Dimension for $1,598.89. I ordered on Monday afternoon and it was here this morning (Wednesday). Great shipping (through fedex) and no customs issues. I am not afflliated with the seller in any way. Only hitch is you need to switch the menu language to English (if so desired) on initial setup.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111214303317?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

• Like Like x 1
  2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    That's a good deal. Too bad that a) I'd have to pay the GST on import and b) i already have it. :)

Enjoy your A7. I love mine.

Gordon

3. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Yeah I've found a similar eBay deal too, $1699 AUD....but I didn't realize we'd have to pay GST on that ! I've never had to pay GST on items such as this that I've bought from overseas.

4. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Supposed to be anything over $1000.00 is liable for GST on import for overseas purchases. Customs send you a nice letter and you need to pay before the goods are released.

I've heard of people not getting charged but always assume I'm going to.

Gordon

5. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Will this be covered by Sony warranty?

6. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Rick Perry does not want to burden corporations with such liabilities as a warranty. Seriously, the warranty is not global (like Olympus).

7. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    T-Dimension claims to do in house warranty work. I bought the panny 2.8 zooms from them. They were giving 8 yr. warranties on it. Never needed to find out how valid their claim is. Sold them.