Sony A7+28-70mm kit lens for $1600 on eBay

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by zapatista, Jan 29, 2014.

1. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Mike Barber
    Found this deal too good to pass up from a place in Hong Kong called T-Dimension for $1,598.89. I ordered on Monday afternoon and it was here this morning (Wednesday). Great shipping (through fedex) and no customs issues. I am not afflliated with the seller in any way. Only hitch is you need to switch the menu language to English (if so desired) on initial setup.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111214303317?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

• Like Like x 1
  2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    That's a good deal. Too bad that a) I'd have to pay the GST on import and b) i already have it. :) 

Enjoy your A7. I love mine.

Gordon

3. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Yeah I've found a similar eBay deal too, $1699 AUD....but I didn't realize we'd have to pay GST on that ! I've never had to pay GST on items such as this that I've bought from overseas.

4. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Supposed to be anything over $1000.00 is liable for GST on import for overseas purchases. Customs send you a nice letter and you need to pay before the goods are released.

I've heard of people not getting charged but always assume I'm going to.

Gordon

5. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    DFW, TX
    Will this be covered by Sony warranty?

6. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Mike Barber
    Rick Perry does not want to burden corporations with such liabilities as a warranty. Seriously, the warranty is not global (like Olympus).

7. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    T-Dimension claims to do in house warranty work. I bought the panny 2.8 zooms from them. They were giving 8 yr. warranties on it. Never needed to find out how valid their claim is. Sold them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.