Sony 0.6x wide angle adapter

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by n3eg, Sep 13, 2013.

1. I found this at Goodwill for $10. It's a Sony VCL-ES06 0.6 wide angle adapter, probably made for a camcorder. It has 37mm threads and fits on the end of an Oly 14-42 just fine, and autofocuses with no problem. The big advantage is the front is about 70mm wide and it has no vignetting. The whole thing is about an inch and a half thick, and it has a snap-on mount that doubles as a short lens hood. I'll post pictures of it later, and a sample photo too.

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    If the corner sharpness is good, you've got yourself a find. BTW, is it close to rectilinear or more like a fisheye effect?

3. It has a slight fisheye effect, not really noticeable on certain landscape shots. The edges are a little out of focus when viewed at 100% crop. Still, not bad for 8mm at $10. I'd rather use this than a Samyang 7.5.

4. Amspenpm1

Amspenpm1 New to Mu-43

Sep 26, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    I have a 30mm Sony wide angle adaptor. Have to hunt down a 37mm for my E-PM1 though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.