Something to do when you get bored waiting - a 5-shot panorama

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by PeterB666, May 29, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    The title says it all. A light show that was a bit too slow, on-off rain and a bit cold.

I must admit that I am not overly enthused with some of the scene modes on the E-P1, I would prefer to select my own settings but this came out adequately...

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, Olympus E-P1 with an Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens.

It probably needs a little curvature added into the horizon to make it look more natural. It is dead level but the left-hand side is a lot further away from the camera so it looks as though it it heading up-hill.

• Like Like x 6
  2. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    Really great pano, thanks for sharing

3. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Stunning. Beautiful. Breathtaking. etc.

Thanks for sharing.

4. Richard W

Richard W Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Nice panorama. Thanks.

5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
  6. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    I haven't done panoramic shots yet. What software can I use for merging the shots for E-P2 raws?

7. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    You can use Olympus Master 2 or Olympus Viewer 2 software but I find the results a bit iffy. Also, that only works if you have used the Panorama scene mode. The software refuses to work with ad-hoc pictures.

I didn't like the resutl in Olympus Viewer 2 and have an olde 'free' copy of ArcSoft Panorama Maker 4 which came free with a Fujifilm xD memory card. Funny, xD was useful after all.

It does look neat but you must remember to leave a lot of waste on the top and bottom to cater for cropping. I have lot the tops of the high-rise buildings in this one. You also need to straighten any crooked horizontals first otherwise you get quite odd results.

Cheers

PeterB666

8. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    I've been playing with Panos too. This one was done in Photoshop Elements 6

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Great pano's, thanks for sharing. Do look to more...

10. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Looking good there, Glenn. The reflections in the water are heaps better when it isn't raining and there are no ferries going back and forth (although there is something heading under the bridge).

Cheers

PeterB666

11. tam

tam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    I've been playing with panoramas a bit too:

Quick spin in the sunshine:
    [​IMG]

On a recent trip to Toronto:
    [​IMG]

Both in Elements 8.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks Peter, I like your Circular Quay pano, I've often sat in the wine bar at the cruise ship terminal and soaked up that scene.

13. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Thanks to you too Glenn. If I had known that in advance, I would have continued around and done a 360 degree panno and included the passenger terminal for you. :biggrin:

I had a view to the overseas passenger terminal from my office window until last week. I am on the 19th floor and they are building a 38 floor buidling in front of my work. You can barely see it here a couple of days ago. They are now past the half-way mark and now I have a lovely view of a concrete wall as they have moved up 3floors since this photo. Yes, it is raining in this shot too.

Cheers

PeterB666

Attached Files:

14. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Check out the Software - Micro Four Thirds User Forum for a couple of recent threads discussing Panorama software...and feel free to start one in there, too. It seems to me there are quite a few who are interested in learning more.

• Like Like x 2