1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

some street/b&w shots!

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Mr Chuck, May 21, 2013.

1. Mr Chuck

Mr Chuck Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2013
    Rome (Italy)
    shot with E-M5 and Panny 14mm in my neighborhood

Comments and critics are welcome! :)

Attached Files:

2. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    I like the dark tunnel effect in the first image but it has a lot of noise. What iso and aperture did you use? You might try a tripod to allow you to lower the iso and result in less noise. In the second image I would use a tighter crop and eliminate the cars.

3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    is noise really an issue with street photography?...

quality of image beat image quality every time in my book... but just an opion

K

4. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    my only crit would be they all seem a little tilted to the right.. otherwise I like them

K

5. rozza

rozza Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    New Zealand
    I don't think that the grain is a problem. I really like the lighting and mood these pics offer, but think these could be significantly better with a human element in the mid/foreground IMO.

6. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    I personally don't think noise is ever an issue in street photography, but that's just me

7. Mr Chuck

Mr Chuck Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2013
    Rome (Italy)
    the noise was added in pp ("film grain" by color efex) cause i like that kind of mood from my street shots.
    now that you made me notice maybe the first one is a little tilted on the right.
    thanks to everybody for your comments!

8. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Well noise and grain aren't the same thing but if you added it then it was the effect you were after. When I click on the images for a larger picture it works better.

9. Mr Chuck

Mr Chuck Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2013
    Rome (Italy)
    hi all :)
    already re-edited 2 images without "film grain" effect. i can't tell if i more like this version or the previous posted. maybe it's just own personal taste :thumbup:

Attached Files:

10. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    I think the first two look great with noise, the benches it doesn't look right with that much applied, so prefer the last one.

11. abepak

abepak Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2013
    SFV, CA
    Try the first one with the black "lifted" a bit. It will give that film low contrast look without the grain.