1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some Simple Questions re Older Photoshop Software and Newer Processor Software

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by BobBill, Dec 9, 2014.

1. BobBill

BobBill Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    MN USA
    Bob Hively-Johnson
    I began with Photoshop 6 and still process digitized film and digital pics with it. I also use earlier Filmpack (DxO) and wonder if I can use these old programs with some of the new stuff like Camera Raw, etc.

On other people who still use these old items out there that can comment? Obviously, I figure what worked in past found many satisfied users and should work as well now. But if I can use something that augments the process, I might consider it. I am not enamored by, say, Adobe marketing etc...I do this stuff for its own sake.

2. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    I've been using PS for a long time. I moved to it from other early apps around v3 and currently use CS4 (v11).

Since the Abobe Camera RAW that is compatible with CS4 doesn't support any new cameras, I began using Lightroom as a "front end", both as a DAM and as my RAW converter. I just upgrade Lr as necessary to keep my RAW compatibility current.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.