Some shots with Lucille

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by elandel, May 4, 2010.

1. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Hello,

Just bought ma Epl-1, which I called Lucille, (like B.B.'s giutar: thats the name that first came to me) on Friday.
    Went to Lucern, Switzerland and tryed to shoot some fotos: wrll it was raiming all the time and I really had terrible moments of pure panic thinking that my Lucille could wet herself and get sick (broken); don't worry I'm not mad mad, I am aware that Lucille is a camera:biggrin: a :43: camera!:rofl:

Some I took some quick fotos in really bad conditions but I'll share some anyway; but just don't expect masterpieces.:biggrin:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

:bravo-009: Lucille, I mean, elandel!:biggrin: I think Lucille did quite nicely on her first outing, and in inclement weather, too. I particularly enjoy that third one of the restaurant with those wild and brightly painted images on its exterior. It reminds of a set from an opera!

Congratulations on your first foray with your new sweetheart, Lucille.:wink:

• Like Like x 2
  3. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Here are some more pics.

An organ in the Church. The oldest wood bridge in Europe across a lake.
    The Altar in the same Church where the organ is.

All these shots are made in auto mode and very quickly because the Church was about to close and the priest told me to hurry up and he followed me while I was taking my shots so imagine...

Lucern is a very beautiful city and has some of the best raw beer I've ever tasted.

I'll go back because There were many streets and buildings worthwile to photograph. Next time I'm going in full summer so there will be no rain (I hope).
    All the shots are with no PP. Just as they came OOC.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Good for you - snapping away while that priest was trying to usher you out!:wink: That is one amazing bridge! I would love to know the stories behind the iconography and the paintings themselves.

Very good for straight output, I'd say!

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Nice shots and as a BB fan I love the name.

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Switzerland ! Welcome, congrats on your new toy called Lucille !
    I like your last shot.

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Congratulations. Never thought of naming my camera after a famous guitar. Lucille is taken? OK, i'm going with Rosebud from now on!

-Ray

8. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Thank everyone for the kind replys.

From now on we have two names Lucille and Rosebud.
    Thats just making the camera something more personal and not only a junk of metal and plastic.

9. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    What camera do you have?

My Epl-1 is moody like blues: did I say it right?

10. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I have an E-PL1 also. I also love BB, but Jerry Garcia was also very high on my list and the nicest and longest lasting of his Doug Irwin electric guitars was named Rosebud. He also had guitars named Tiger and Wolf and I really dug the look of Wolf, but neither was part of his stage setup for nearly as long as Rosebud. Edit - changed my mind, going with Wolf. Such a great looking instrument...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/4581686660/" title="wolfe by ramboorider1, on Flickr">[​IMG]"393" height="500" alt="wolfe" /></a>

Of course, if Coltrane had ever named his tenor, I'd be using THAT name. :cool:

-Ray

11. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Wolf is a great name and Jerry Garcia a great artist.

If Keith Jarrett would have named his piano...

I have all his solo concerts. I think thats pure magic: when art encounters spirituality and mind and heart become one there you can penetrate the mystery of reality.:smile:

12. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    bet your having a ball with lucille

13. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Yes thats right. A very romantic ball.