Some shots from Whitby

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by richie15, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    One of my favourite locations... I just love Whitby!

Thanks for sharing.

2. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Great shots

The last time I went to Whitby was with the school - 50 years ago - there was a "kids camp" at Staithes, just up the coast and we had a "day out" in Whitby

all I remember was the "Scots Porridge Oats" served with salt

Thanks for the memories
  3. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Nice set of images
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Richie, thanks for these. Even though I've never been to Whitby, I certainly appreciate its beauty from your photos. That's a fantastic view you had in the last one!

By the way, I don't know that you've ever been welcomed to the board, but we're glad to have you! Stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum when you have a chance.:flowers_2:
  5. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    You were there at the Golden Hour! Just perfect.

Bokeh D
  6. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    great shots.... I'm always amazed by the huge tidal change
    over there. Here in Florida it runs around 2 - 3 feet.
  7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Never heart of Whitby before, but I love what I see, a great place to live in. First and last shot are my favs. Thanks for sharing with us. Enjoy your weekend !
  8. richie15

richie15 Guest

Thanks for all the comments guys. All were shot with the 14-45 except for the 2nd one which was with the Voigtlander 75mm.
  9. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    I've been to Whitby too, lovely old place, lost in time. I especially like the 1st and 4th images. Nice work.
  10. steveb

steveb Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2010
    Love your post!!! It brings back so many happy memories from when I was young. I was born in North Yorkshire and most of my family is from up there.
    My parents moved down to the Midlands when I was a couple of years old but we always went back up North for the holidays!!!
    I can still remember hearing the fog horn at night when we stayed in Whitby more than 30 years ago.......

11. Ian_Holmes

Ian_Holmes Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2010
    I used to get taken on many a day trip to Whitby and Robin Hoods bay as a kid.
    Now if I show these pictures to SWMBO I'm sure shell want to visit in September